Wednesday 19 October 2011

Welcome To The Play-Doh Mansion

POSTED BY IR

Play-doh:

1. It's rubbed into my beige carpet.

2. It's been plonked into my hot cuppa tea!

3. All the different colours have been mixed together and it now looks like a heap of poo.

4. It's stuck in little one's hair.

5. It's stuck to my work trousers which I noticed while kids went into assembly. So I scraped it off and it's left a dirty mark.

6. There's lots of little pieces under my dining table...I'm leaving them there for a few days so it dries up and it's easier to Hoover. Hoping MIL (mother in law) doesn't see it and think I'm gandi (dirty!).

If you want a play-doh mansion of your own, this is how you can make play-doh:

1 cup plain flour
1 cup water
2 tblsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup salt
2tblsp oil
food colouring

Mix the dry ingrdients in a saucepan then add water, mix until smooth, add food colouring (i do this last so the spoons don't stain) then add the oil, & cook on medium heat, keep stiring til dough leaves sides. I mix in food colouring to different pieces of play-doh.

To store, I put each colour (I'd they stay separate) into a food bag and it stores in the fridge for AGES!

If you've already got a play-doh mansion up and running please feel free to add to the list of mansion mishaps! 

1 comment:

  1. haha...my MIL makes this for daughter all the time...I make sure it is their special activity and never comes into my home!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...